5G Americas President Chris Pearson and Managing Founder & Director of neXt Curve, Leonard Lee have a great discussion around the role of 5G in the world of the automotive sector. With the opening of public spectrum for use by Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything (C-V2X) in the United States, there is renewed focus by network equipment vendors, operators, and automotive manufacturers in developing new applications and services that utilize 5G’s powerful capabilities.
- What is happening in the world of 5G, C-V2X and the transportation sector?
- What kinds of interesting use cases, including apps or services for transportation are emerging?
- What types of uses might be further up the “value chain” that 5G can unlock for network operators?
- How is 5G going to impact non-land modes of transportation, including sea and air?
- How might 5G impact fleet management, as well as inventory management for supply chain?
- What spectrum may be necessary for 5G vehicles?
- What is the impact of LiDAR or intensive video applications for autonomous vehicles?