Raises 2021 Guidance for the Third Consecutive Quarter
T-Mobile Newsroom | October 2, 2021
Consistent and Profitable Customer Growth
- Postpaid net additions of 1.3 million, best in industry and raising 2021 guidance
- Postpaid phone net additions of 673 thousand, 2.1 million year-to-date increased 50% year-over-year
- Postpaid account net additions of 268 thousand, best in industry
Strong Financial Results Drive 2021 Guidance Raise for the Third Consecutive Quarter
- Record-high Service revenues of $14.7 billion grew more than 4% year-over-year, including industry-leading Postpaid service revenues growth of 6% year-over-year
- Strong Net income of $691 million and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) of $0.55 included higher merger-related costs year-over-year, and Adjusted EBITDA(1) was $6.8 billion
- Record-high Core Adjusted EBITDA(1) of $6.0 billion, best growth in industry and raising 2021 guidance
- Net cash provided by operating activities of $3.5 billion increased 25% year-over-year, raising 2021 guidance
- Free Cash Flow(1) of $1.6 billion increased more than 4x year-over-year, best growth in industry and raising 2021 guidance
America’s Largest, Fastest and Most Reliable 5G Network Further Extends its Lead
- Extended Range 5G covers 308 million people and 1.7 million square miles — most available 5G network in the world(2)
- Ultra Capacity 5G covers 190 million people and can deliver speeds of 400 Mbps or more, on track to cover 200 million people nationwide by end of year(3)
- A dozen independent third-party network benchmarking reports show T-Mobile customers consistently get award-winning 5G, including the fastest average speeds, broadest coverage and most reliable 5G
Network Integration Progress Fuels Higher Merger Synergies
- Approximately 90% of Sprint customer traffic is now carried on the T-Mobile network
- Approximately 53% of Sprint customers have been fully transitioned to the T-Mobile network
- Raising 2021 merger synergies guidance for the third consecutive quarter
(1) Adjusted EBITDA, Core Adjusted EBITDA and Free Cash Flow are non-GAAP financial measures. These non-GAAP financial measures should be considered in addition to, but not as a substitute for, the information provided in accordance with GAAP. Reconciliations for these non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAPfinancial measures are provided in the Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures to GAAP Financial Measures tables. We are not able to forecast Net income on a forward-looking basis without unreasonable efforts due to the high variability and difficulty in predicting certain items that affect Net income including, but not limited to, Income tax expense, stock-based compensation expense and Interest expense. Adjusted EBITDA and Core Adjusted EBITDA should not be used to predict Net income as the difference between either of the two measures and Net Income is variable.
(2) OpenSignal Awards – 5G Global Mobile Network Experience Awards 2021 based on independent analysis of mobile measurements recorded during the period January 1 – June 29, 2021. © 2021 OpenSignal Limited.
(3) Based on T-Mobile’s analysis of internal and third party data.
BELLEVUE, Wash. – November 2, 2021 – T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) reported third quarter 2021 results today, delivering industry-leading Postpaid service revenues and customer growth, and raising 2021 guidance across the board. T-Mobile’s growth and synergy-backed model enabled the company to convert record service revenues into industry-leading cash flow growth.
“Another quarter of amazing results shows that customers love T-Mobile’s unique combination of the best value, best network and best experience,” said Mike Sievert, CEO of T-Mobile. “With our Magenta business firing on all cylinders and our Sprint integration ahead of schedule, we are well positioned for the future — and poised to continue winning with assets and a formula for growth that is differentiated from the other wireless players. We just keep exceeding our own targets on growth, profit and synergies — and we have no plans to slow down now.”
For the full release and factbook, go to the T-Mobile Investor Relations page.
About T-Mobile US, Inc.
T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com.
T-Mobile US Media Relations MediaRelations@t-mobile.com
Investor Relations email@example.com