5G is touted as a game changer in the world of mobile communication. Technology experts say its performance benefits and industry use cases will be unparalleled. As business owners consider upgrades to their networks and devices, they’re asking: is 5G going to be worth the hype?
Chris Pearson, president of 5G Americas, says yes. “A whole other world opens up,” he said about the innovation possibilities introduced by 5G technology, in this podcast. “It’s not just about faster speeds and quicker reaction times. It’s also about the way 5G was developed. It was developed for three families of use cases: enhanced mobile data communication, massive machine/Internet of Things communications, and critical, low-latency, and ultra-reliable communications.”
In other words, he says, “when [the 5G standard] was developed, it was much different than 3G or 4G in that it was developed to address use cases, not just to be faster.”
Listen as Pearson shares more insights on:
- How 5G networks differ technically than 4G and 3G networks.
- The status and availability of 5G in the U.S. and in the rest of the world.
- What the worldwide “race to 5G” means — and who’s ahead.
- Why it matters for the U.S. to be a leader when it comes to 5G wireless technology.
- The 5G global value chain and forecasted overall economic impact.
- What CIOs and CTOs need to know now about 5G.
- Examples of key capabilities and powerful business applications for 5G advancements.
- Expectations around market and regional adoption of 5G.
- What 5G implementation could mean in consumer homes and for individual viewing habits.
Click here for The Business Journals feature